One Tall Piranha!

I knew it was coming, I finally heard those words today...

"most likely she is going to be a tall adult."

Olivia went for her nine month check-up this morning. The past two checkups, she had fallen into the bottom 90th percentile, but I have been noticing the past two months that she seemed to be getting taller. This go round, she's back in the high 90's (97th%). Her pediatrician said that of course we cannot say how tall she is going to be, but if babies continue to stay in this high of percentile for this long, then they are usually tall adults. So, it's official, I'll most likely be looking up to my daughter in about sixteen years.

The pediatrician however was not as much impressed with her height as she was her teeth. She said in her over twenty years of practice, Olivia was the only nine month old she had ever seen with that many teeth. Olivia is already getting in her teeth that most babies don't get in till 12-15 months. She's just so advanced...haha...just kidding! The pediatrician got a kick out of our piranha nickname for Olivia. For some reason, I'm always scared to tell her pediatrician what I'm feeding her, especially since they seem to be so strict on when and what to be giving babies now a days, so I was curious to see what she would say about Olivia being on straight table food. Luckily, she came right out and said "since she has all those teeth, I'm hoping she's eating the same food as you all are?" So, that made me feel at ease.

My only concern was if she was getting enough food, since she refuses to let anyone feed her anymore. Can we say Miss. Independent? But the pediatrician reassured me that she was getting plenty of food, especially since she is still on formula (Only three more months left!!! Thank the Lord!!!). Plus, she's still gaining weight, so there was no need for concern. She's now just under the 20lb mark at 19lbs. 15oz. As far as weight goes, she is only in the 65th percentile for her weight. Look's like we may have a model on our hands? Tall and skinny? Toddler and Tiaras, here we come!!!

Overall, she got a clean bill of health and she doesn't go back again until she turns one. She did have to get one shot and for some reason she did worse than she has in the past. We got the slow lady again, boo! It seems to take this lady forever to get the shots done. It takes her as long to do one shot as it takes the fast lady to do four. It took me a good ten minutes to get Olivia to calm down. Olivia cried so hard and long, it even brought tears to my eyes. I felt so bad for her. I know they have to have their vaccinations and I'm a 100% believer in vaccinations, but it's hard to watch them at that age since they don't understand what's going on. It breaks my heart every time.

Comments

Kameron said…
OMGoodness, Arielle weighs more than her right now. We haven't had her 9 month appointment (next month) but while on vacation we did the stand on the scale alone and then with the baby thing and she is about 22 pounds! It's crazy! I will be excited to see how tall she is. How many teeth does she have already??

Popular Posts