The Book of Ruth

Back before we left for vacation, our church announced they were starting a Wednesday night class for lady's studying the book of Ruth. I've heard numerous women talk about how much they love the studies of Ruth, so I really wanted to do this one.

I grew up in church and in Sunday school my entire childhood. We've been going off and on throughout our marriage, but have finally started going steadily now that we've found a church we feel at home at. We've attended numerous small groups over the years, but this is the first time I've actually done a "bible study."

I can say that so far, I'm loving it. It's nothing like I expected and I'm so glad I decided to go for it. It seems like it's come into my life at the perfect moment.

All spring, I was feeling like I was in a funk. I don't know how to explain it best, but I guess, I was feeling like there was a lot of negativity in my life and it was starting to rub off on me. I had so much to be thankful for, a healthy baby, a hard working husband, a brand new house, but I still felt like I wasn't happy with the way things were going. I felt like I needed some changes in life, but I haven't been able to figure out what exactly that was. When we went to the beach, it gave me time to reflect and think on life. Being removed from our usual everyday helped to bring things in perspective. I started questioning my life, the direction I was heading in, those I surround myself and my family with, what I want in the future for my family, etc. Like I said, the bible study started the week after we got home from vacation and it seemed like all those questions I had been asking myself, were starting to be brought up in our bible study class. God's perfect timing.

The way the class is set up, is we meet once a week and then we have four lessons that we work on at home alone. On the first night, our teacher said it takes on average an hour an night to get through each lesson. My eyes shot open and I was thinking "what did I get myself into?" but I can say that once I start a lesson, I eagerly want to finish it so I can go on.

It's amazing that even in the first few lessons, I've felt like God wasn't giving me the answers to my questions, but he was leading me into the right direction. It also amazes me just how each lesson has directly related to some of the conflict I had been feeling inside lately. We're only five versus into the book of Ruth (yes, only five), but I already feel like my eyes have been opened to so much. I'm excited to see what the next four weeks bring.

Comments

Popular Posts