Ten For Today

1. All of Olivia's grandparents called last night after reading yesterdays blog post. They just wanted to verify that the pictures were not a hoax (no, they are not. promise.) and to comment on how "those pants do not do her justice." My mom asked had she really gotten that chunky in just two weeks? No, she's still her same long and lean self. Those are not really pants but leggings which I normally put under a dress or skirt. She had on a skirt over them earlier, but I took it off for nap and since we were just hanging around the house the rest of the day, I didn't bother putting the skirt back on. Oh, and my dad called and got onto me for calling her a big ol' diaper butt. My parents crack me up.

2. I really want to read this book now.

I caught a little bit of the story on Oprah yesterday and it completely fascinated me. It's the true story of two men with the same name, who grew up in the same neighborhood, but whose lives took two completely different paths. David and I have regular conversations about nature vs. nurture and about how much the decisions we make have a impact on our lives. This story is the perfect example of that. It just came out, so as soon as I can find a cheap copy, I wanna get my hands on it.

3. Less than two months till vacation!!!!! No, I'm not counting down the days at all!

4. My sister and brother-in-law are coming down this weekend and I cannot wait to spend some time with them. It feels like it's been forever since we've gotten together and just hung out together. The last few visits have been holidays, so we really didn't get to just hang out. Of course, it happens that there is a lot going on this weekend, so we're dragging them all over town all weekend. I'll make sure we get some down time in too!

5. As I write this, Olivia is laying in her crib kicking the side of the wall (or banging her head?). She should be napping since she's in a mood, but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. We originally had a couple of toys that attached to the side of her crib, but over the last few months, she's learned to not play with them but to use them to make as much noise as possible until you come and get her out. I guess since I've removed them all (because I'll be honest, it was just plain annoying), we've now resorted to kicking the wall. Thanks kid! Please don't be alarmed if you come to visit and her crib is in the middle of the room.

6. I really want to attempt to make Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls. I need to get over my fear of baking anything that doesn't come out of a box and go for it. I would like to have accomplished this before we go to the beach, because my family has never met a cinnamon roll they didn't like. Except for last Christmas when someone accidentally poured the orange icing on the cinnamon rolls and it was a hot mess. I think that is the first time there were Cinnamon Rolls left on the pan.

7. A few people have asked how I've been doing with the weight loss....I only told a few people, but I started weight watchers online a about three weeks ago. I did awesome the first week and lost five pounds. I'm now for the first time in over a year under the 150 mark and I'm only eight pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. Honestly, I kinda got lazy after the first two weeks and have sucked it up since. The good news is I haven't gained any weight, but also I haven't lost any either. So I'm maintaining at the moment, but still working on it. Slow and steady.

8. One of my old college roommates & sorority sisters Julie is the new momma of a 4 month old baby boy who is a doll. She needs some mom advice, so head over to her blog A Day In the Life and help her out please (the post is titled Helpless, for some reason it won't let me click on the actual post)! You guys are always giving me some much appreciated and needed mommy advice so I'm hoping you'll send some her way too!

9. I want another baby soon...oops, did I say that out loud? Please, honey?

10. We went to pick strawberries yesterday. You can get a recap on the day here, since I totally walked out and forgot my camera. Plus, I know a lot of people who read my blog read Nic's, so I always try to spare y'all from double post. We were so fortunate to pick the flipping coldest day of the entire spring, but we still had a great time. We went with two other moms from Nicole's church and I really enjoyed meeting them. Nicole talks about them all the time (only good things) and it was nice to finally put a face to a name. I'm hoping they'll invite me to another outing soon. They had two ADORABLE little girls and I'm so excited that our circle seams to be growing in the girl department. For so long Josie was the only girl until Matalie came along. It makes me happy to see that Olivia is going to have so many little girl friends to play with. I'm trying to keep her from boys since we've recently discovered that she has a thing for men. Especially older men! She's in love with Luke (my friend Amy's five-year-old)! When Luke is around, she's all smiles and laughs. She'll just sit and stare at him. I told her daddy he better watch out! Thankfully Amy has told Luke he cannot date till he's 30 and we've already given Olivia the dating age of 25, so maybe their is hope for her crush after all!

Comments

Kameron said…
I can't believe you got so many reactions from the way you worded your post! Ha! She does not look chubby! Too funny.

That book looks good, I might have to snag it too. I wish I had people to be in a book club with. :o( Can I come to yours?

Nate used to kick his crib and it would bang against the wall. I did pull it a little bit away so it would bang, but was afraid his leg would get stuck or something.

Baking isn't so scary, just follow the recipe exactly! I think people have trouble because they don't read the enitre recipe through before they start! I made cake pops last night. That was fun. I will have to try the cinnamon rolls as well.

Popular Posts