A bunch of randomness

I have no shame...it's not even 4pm yet and I have a glass of wine in my hand.

Yep, it's been one of those days.

Olivia went for her six-month check up yesterday morning. She received only two vaccines this go round, but they have seemed to hit her hard. Her and I were both up all night. Of course, I could not just let her cry it out. I went in there several times and got her back to sleep. Finally at 3am, her and I went and slept in the guest room together. I now realize why I am not a fan of co-sleeping. The child is just like her father and all over the bed. There is a good reason why we have a king size bed. When David came in to wake us up, she was laying sideways and had her feet in my face. Needless to say, I got about two hours of sleep last night.

I feel so sorry for her because I know she doesn't feel good and it's not her fault. I'm trying to keep my patience with her, but this momma's wore out. Thank the lord David is off today and tomorrow. Hopefully she'll be feeling like her old self tomorrow. You know she doesn't feel good when she wants to cuddle.

Oh, and for those who care, the doctor said "she is a perfect, healthy Gerber baby." Surprisingly, she is only up two pounds and grew less than an inch. She up to 17.6lbs and 27" long. She's finally starting to even out with the rest of her peers. She is still on the top percentile, but it's only like 70 and 80%. That makes me a little less worried about the clothes situation. She was growing like a weed for awhile there. Now, maybe there is hope for her still fitting in her summer clothes.

I posted yesterday that we went to Zumba last night and the fact that I absolutely loved it. Yes, I have no rhythm and I do dance like a white girl, but I had a blast. Many people have asked what the heck is Zumba? It's a exercise dance class that combines salsa, belly dancing, and hip hop. You have a set routine to each song and you dance your pants off for an hour. The routines are pretty easy to follow and one of those things that the more you go you'll easily pick them up. I've come to terms that I do better in the exercise department when I take classes. I have to have a set time to work out and I will actually do it if I'm in a room full of people. I told David that now, I am going to make it a priority now to always attend some kind of class. We're taking the class at a local church that has a community center. They offer a bunch of different classes and the best part is it's only $3 per class. Plus, if you don't go, then you don't pay (unlike if you go to a gym).

Everyone is doing (or already done) Easter post this week. We did have a nice Easter, but I'm not going to do a entire post on it. Our Easter was pretty low key. We went to church on Saturday night to beat the Easter Sunday crowd. On Sunday, Olivia and I had Easter lunch with my family. After David got home, we went to have dinner with his. It was a nice, quiet day. We did though have one worn out little girl by the time we got home. We also took our first ever family Easter picture. David started working for Waffle House the year we got married and we have never spent Easter together as a married couple, which means no family Easter pictures. Since we were all dressed up and looking good on Saturday night for church, I took that opportunity to snap a picture.

That's as good as it got folks. Yes, that is the same dress from last year, but I have become cheap since I've became a mom and my thinking...it fits and we are attending a new church, so no one has seen me in it before. Of course, the girl sitting right behind me had the same exact dress on. I promise to buy a new one next year.

I usually don't like to share everyone's business, but since they have posted and talked about it a lot on facebook, I think it's alright. This Easter did unfortunately brought some sorrow to our circle. Our friends Tiffany and Jason lost their baby during their twelfth week of pregnancy. They have been on my heart a lot this week and I ask that you please keep them in your prayers as their family goes through this experience and they find some sort of peace. I cannot imagine going through what they have been through. Jason wrote a very sweet poem for baby Glover and you can read it here. I will worn you, it's a tear jerker. It even made Nicole cry and we all know how she doesn't even have tear ducks.

Well, we're off to walmart to stock up on some more baby Tylenol and no, I'm not driving.

Comments

Kameron said…
There is no such thing as a low key Easter in the family I married into! There are always 30 people at dinner. It is rather overwhelming, but since it was so nice this year everyone was outside and it wasn't crazy!

Poor OK. It stinks when they get their shots. I hope she's feeling better. I am a little worried about summer clothes too since Arielle is such a chubba bubba. she was 15 pounds at her 4 month, so I'm hoping, like OK she slows down a bit.

Popular Posts