This and That
1. First off I wanted to say thank you for everyone's comments on my Ironic post last week. It's so comforting to know that other mom's feel the exact same way as I do. Yesterday as I giving Nic some encouragement, I decided to take some of my own advice. Olivia is a handful, but I know God would never give me anything I couldn't handle. The reality of it is that's she nothing but a mini-me and that's why we are constantly butting heads, even at the age of one. My mom just laughs (in a nice way) when I complain about my issues with OK, because she went through them with me. I think I turned out okay, so I know there is hope for OK. That though has become one of my favorite things about blogging, its so nice to connect with other moms who are going through the exact same things you are. Seriously, y'all have no idea how much your comments the other day (or everyday) mean to me. A few even brought a tear to my eye.
2. It finally feels like fall here in Georgia. The weather today is perfect for staying around the house and cozying up under the quilt to read. David doesn't go back to work till tomorrow, so I've decided I don't have to get back to my housewife duties till tomorrow also. I'm enjoying the last day of my vacation and doing nothing.
3. I'm embarrassed to say that I did not get to vote today. I am a firm believer that you don't get the right to complain about who is in charge if you don't exercise your right to vote. This year in Georgia we're having a nasty Governor's race and I'm so mad that I cannot participate. The past few weeks, David and I have been talking about the election and how we needed to find out where we vote since we haven't had an election since moving to this county. David had already said that he didn't think he was registered to vote here. So yesterday, I finally remembered to look it up and the system that tells you where your registered to vote kept saying I am not registered to vote. I typed in David's info and turns out he is registered to vote in our county. We can't figure out how that happened because he says he doesn't remember re-registering. We both thought I was, because last year when we moved here, I had to renew my driver's license. David and I were both standing there when the guy asked me if I wanted to re-register to vote in this county and I told him yes. Evidently, he didn't re-register me. Yes, I'm taking blame for it because I should have checked on it earlier and that's what I get for relying on someone else to sign me up for my civic duty. David however did go to exercise his right to vote, so maybe I can complain a little since we've discussed as a family who we would support.
4. Ebay says we only have 53 days till Christmas!!!!!!!! I am so ready for it!!!!
5. I mentioned earlier, David goes back to work tomorrow after ten days in a row off. This is the first time in his waffle house career that he has ever taken the ten day vacation all at one time. Years past he has always broken in up into two five day vacations. I'm happy to say that we did not kill each other and even still like each other. It helped that we had a few days home, went out of town a few days, and then had a few days home again. Besides one day that he went into