The Weekend

Thanks for all the love for the new haircut! I'm still learning how to fix it, but it's getting there. I needed a round brush, so I picked one up at Wal-mart on Saturday, and it's made a big difference. Those things are hard to use when blow drying. Maybe it's just me?

I'm sorry to say I haven't any new pictures of Olivia. I know that's the only reason why my family reads the blog. I'm going to try to do better this week, but I've got to start packing to take a baby on a 18 day trip, so I cannot make any promises.

Yes, you read me right, 18 days at the beach!!!! It's alright, you can hate me a little right now. I'll either be ready to move there for good or ready to come home by the end. This is the longest trip I've taken Olivia on, so I'm interested to see how she does. I'm 100% sure she'll be fine, we're going with my dad's side of the family and she spends a good bit of time with all them, so she should be fine. I'm more wondering how she's going to do without seeing david for eight days. David is going with us the first seven and then will be re joining us a week later.

I try not to nag him about it, but just this last week, he's finally noticed how spending "quality" time with her has affected how she acts towards him. He was always good about helping out with her, but I guess she's finally at that age were she's fun. Last week, he spent all day Wednesday and Thursday with her. He spent quality time playing and spending alot of one on one time with her. She's been all over him since. She's always been a daddy's girl and knew he was a "safe" person (meaning if mommy can't hold me, you'll do), but she was getting where even if he was in the room and I walked out, she would still start crying. Now, she practically runs to him when he walks in the door. I know it's been melting his heart. It's been melting mine. I love watching her with him.

We had a nice weekend. It was one of those with the perfect amount of relaxing time with enough stuff to do so you don't get bored. Olivia and I spent all day Friday at the Pope's pool for our inaugural swim day. Olivia loved the water and without a doubt is going to be a water baby. She wanted nothing to do with her baby pool (unless Josie was in it) and instead wanted to be in the big pool with Josie. Unfortunately, I got a little burnt, which is a rarity for me. So yes, I've been complaining to David all weekend. Being he gets burned pretty regular, he's had no sympathy for me.

And no, I did not take one picture over the weekend. Sorry.

Comments

Bonnie said…
Yes, I am VERY jealous! I wanna go to the beach! Take lots of beach baby pics :)
Meredith said…
The quality time thing is HUGE. I hate that my husband sometimes isn't even home from work before Lizzy has to go to bed!

Popular Posts