What NOT to do to your blogger account...

So, first off I want to say thanks for the kind words of encouragement during this time of loss. I have no shame and yes, I did cry when I realized there was nothing I could do about my mess up. I loved my little blog, even if only five people read it. Okay, I'm up to seven now.

Secondly, yes I tried everything I could possibly think of plus some that was suggested.

Believe me.

See what happen was...

Last Wednesday afternoon, I was playing around on the blogger account. I had two different emails on the account, a yahoo and a gmail. For some reason, whenever anyone contacts me through blogger, it goes to the yahoo account even though my gmail account was the primary account. For the past few months I've started having trouble with my yahoo email account. It's an old account that I've had since college, so I decided to stop using it.

In order to have all my blogger email go to the gmail account, I logged onto my blogger account settings and decided to remove the yahoo account. Well, I played around with the blogger for another twenty minutes (Olivia was asleep and I was being productive with my time...whatever). I logged out and went on with the rest of my afternoon. Later that night, I went to log onto my blogger account, and it said that username I used no longer had an account. I put in my other account info, and still nothing. At that point, I didn't freak out. I looked at the help pages and posted my problem to a help forum for blogger.

The next morning I got up and went about my day. I tried to get on again and had no such luck. I then received a couple of responses to my help question from other people who had done the same thing I had. Unfortunately, none of those people had any luck either. I searched for hours throughout the day trying to find a solution to my problem. Yes, my child went neglected that day and was looking like a hot mess. Luckily, we had no where to be.

I finally gave up that afternoon when I found a post on the help forum from someone else who had did the same thing. After about twenty back and forth posts, the final answer he was given by the help team was to "start a new one." They said that blogger has no way to confirm who they are giving the information to and they cannot just give out information. That's when I lost it.

I have several times since tried to log into my old account and still have had no luck.

Lesson learned....DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING FROM YOUR BLOGGER ACCOUNT!!!!

Seriously folks.

I regret it big time.


Comments

Kameron said…
That stinks. I am always worried about that stuff. I really need to make a blurb book fom my blog just in case!

Popular Posts