A Tea Party

Yesterday, we celebrated Josie's birthday with a mother/daughter tea.

I won't give a play-by-play of our day since she is Nicole's child and I know she's doing a post about it, so I won't steal that from her.

I will share with you that we decided to dress the girls up for tea and each of them were absolutely precious. We got several comments from the little old ladies who were there for tea too.

Two different old ladies asked if Matalie and Olivia were twins...seriously, I know my child is big, but she doesn't look like a one year old. I think those ladies needed to get their bifocals checked. Plus, if I had twins, they so would be dressed in matching outfits. I would be one of those moms.

I tried to take pictures of Olivia in her pretty little tea dress before we left the house...

Of course, she wasn't having any of it.

I swear to you that my child does smile every so often.


Of course, she wasn't having much of the whole tea thing either...

Going out to eat with her is now a pain in the butt. She hates sitting in her car seat and as soon as we get to a restaurant, she wants out of it. If you don't get her out, she screams. We no longer cry, we now scream. But, she cannot sit up on her own yet, so she cannot sit in the restaurant high chairs. We have only taken her out to eat twice since Christmas because its miserable now and I can't even enjoy myself anymore. Any suggestions?

Regardless, a tea party and looking beautiful is tough work for a baby girl...

Comments

Popular Posts