On my mind...

I've got a lot running through my mind right now. I could probably make a separate post for each one but I don't have the time or the energy to put that much effort into it and by the time I get to writing about each one, I'm sure I'll forget about what I was going to write about.

This is a long one, so settle in.

********************

We had a nice valentine's day. Dave did good. He totally surprised me with a appointment for a massage. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact I've been complaining for over a year now how I needed one. So, this Friday afternoon I'll be getting rubbed down by a stranger (that's how my mom refers to a massage) and enjoying every moment of it. Thanks Babe!!!


He also didn't forget about his newest little Valentine. He got her a stuffed bear that was really soft. Even though I'm not too keen on starting a collection of stuffed animals, I thought it was really sweet of him to think of her too. He also took us to the big wally world and bought her a princess walker (he knew better than to pick one out on his own). Unfortunately, her legs are still a tad bit too short and she cannot "walk" with it yet. I'm hoping she grows an inch or two soon so she can get to moving.

********************

We are starting on sleep training again. I think one of the hardest things to get advice for when it comes to new babies is sleeping. I've been searching for a little while now and pretty much everything is said about it. It's the hardest thing I think to figure out what advice to take and what to leave because there is so much contradicting information.

After doing a lot of research, I feel like I've come to this conclusion...if your child is going to learn to sleep all night by themselves, they would have already done it by now which for us is 20 weeks. If they haven't, you have to take things in your own hands. For those of you who have children who magically just started sleeping through the night, be thankful you've been blessed by the sleeping baby gods. Unfortunately, we have not been. Olivia is still getting up two to three times a night.

Once you add in the two months before she came of not getting a full nights rest, that means I've only had a hand full of uninterrupted sleep in the last seven months. I was reading a article in Parents magazine last month on sleep and the author scared the poop out of me when she explained her nightly routine (which sounded just like ours) and then stated her child was two years old. I freaked! I talked to Olivia's doctor and she said to wait till she was six months. I think she just said that because then she would have to tell me to take extreme measures.

I'll save all the details for a later post, but basically, a lot of things David and I are doing are contributing to her no sleeping schedule. Monday night after the third time of waking up, I finally decided something had to change. We're only one the first night, so pray this works this time.

********************

I so flaked out on the 30 day shred last night.

Earlier in the day, Olivia and I bundled up and went walking at the park. We only walked (well she rode in the stroller) a mile and half, but it was freezing cold, so that means I worked twice as hard.

Well, I started with good intentions with Jillian, but at 7 minutes in, I told David I just couldn't do it. I'm now afraid she's going to show up at my door and kick my butt. I'm pretty sure she makes that threat during the video.

********************

Several people have asked for pictures of the new house. Well, I'm going to finally post them tomorrow.

I've hesitated with posting pictures because I've started to feel uncomfortable about the house. Now your probably thinking, huh?

Our new house is MUCH bigger than our old house (and any other house we've lived in). I stated once before that we went from 1100 sq. feet to 37oo sq. feet. Word has gotten around in our small world and the Waffle House about how big our house is. The first thing anyone says is "gosh this house is huge." Well, that started making me feel uncomfortable. I was worried that people might start thinking things about us.

I know I'm sounding like a complete moron.

My husband does make good enough for us to live a comfortable lifestyle and to give me the opportunity to stay home full time with Olivia. But, we are not rich by any means. I was afraid that the house was giving off the wrong idea about us. When I say we got the deal of the century, I wasn't lying. We paid for our house what most people pay for a starter home in our area. I started to feel the need to yell out what we payed when anyone would say anything about it. Classy, huh? We took our time, did our research, and got a deal. It helps when you have a background in real estate.

Well, Nicole jumped on me last week when I said I was feeling uncomfortable. She told me she felt the same way about their house when they moved in, but now she's proud of it and I should be too. So, I'm starting to become excited about it again. This is the last this will be talked about.

My first house tour is coming tomorrow, so come back.

********************

We're some Olympic watching people. Summer or Winter, we love it all. I personally prefer the Summer Olympics, but I do like me some ice skating.

I do not understand the sport of curling. David seems fascinated by it for some reason.

Interesting Mabrey Fact: In our four years of being married, we've moved four different times. Three of those moves have been exactly two weeks before the last three Olympic games. Strange?

********************
This just melts my heart....



Comments

Kameron said…
That was a lot of thoughts! Anyway, don't be ashamed of your house. People will think whatever they want to make themselves feel better! My hubby loves curling too. I think it is retarded and can't believe it is a "sport"!

She is so cute laying on her tummy. Arielle has those same jammies! Cute!

Popular Posts