Grossness, Boutique Clothes, & Book Club

WARNING: You might be grossed out! Scroll down if you don't wanna see something gross.

After I got out of the shower Tuesday night, I killed some time before blow drying my hair. When I returned to the bathroom later to do my hair, I saw this out of the corner of my eye....

At first glance, I thought it was a dead mouse in my shower. Nope, it's just a clump of my hair. This is why I should not wear my hair curly, anytime I do, this is the result....I lose half of it. That's just crazy that it looks like a mouse isn't it? I quickly removed it before David saw it. That is one of his pet peeves, clumps of my hair in the shower and he would have flipped if he saw this.

Now that your grossed out, moving on to cuter things...

Nicole told me about a Boutique "Consignment Sale" the last month that she had heard about through a blog (shocker there, right?). We decided to head up there with our Moms and Josie today. We had these grand dreams of coming home with all this cute boutique clothes for Olivia and Josie. Needless to say, when we saw the prices, our mouths hit the floor.

The clothes were definitely cute, but they were also definitely pricey. If you read Nicole's blog, you know she's confessed she's cheap. Well, I'm cheap too (though not as cheap as her). Especially when it comes to Olivia's clothes, I just don't see the point in paying a lot for something she will wear for only a couple of months at best. I honestly don't usually pay over $5 for any of Ok's clothes and NEVER over $10. Plus, my kid is no stranger to hand me downs.

I will say that 90% of these clothes were brand new with the tags, but still. On average it was about $30 for a dress. The craziest part was that the other moms in there were walking around with HUGE stacks of clothes. They were seriously walking around with 25-30 items in their hands at the checkout line. We were seriously looking at them with our mouths hanging open. They easily had to be shelling out $300-$400 on kids clothes. And we're in a recession right now?

Of course, we didn't walk out empty handed. Olivia got four outfits and a couple of headbands.

This outfit isn't as cute in the picture. I'm not in love with the shirt, but it was something she could wear everyday and the skirt is really what sold me on it.

This one is the cheapest thing we got. I like to buy stuff that can get more than one use. It's 18 months, so I'm hoping she can wear it as a dress this summer and a shirt the next.

Guess who those little feet belong to?

This is one of my favorites. I'm bummed that she cannot wear it till summer 2011, but it was too cute to pass up. When I was little , I had a thing for pink flamingo's and my family has already graced my child with several flamingo outfits.

And my most FAVORITE outfit now in Olivia's closet...

I fell in love with this one and if I only walked out with one thing, this was going to be it. I cannot wait to put her in it this next fall. I also fell in love with a zebra dress that Nicole and I fought over. When I realized it was a 24 months, I let her take it so Josie could wear it now. She has already been threatened that it better be handed over as soon as Josie grows out of it.

So, those are Olivia's boutique clothes. I'm sure y'all are thrilled to no end reading about it.

Sorry, it was the exciting part of my day.

We did last night have our second meeting of the book club.

Our club doubled in size in just one month. We're cool like that.

Unfortunately, two of those attendees were only guest (our moms) and won't be attending every month.

Vicki even had a fire going for us on this cold Georgia night. What a host!

This was my favorite part of book club...

Just kidding.

Okay, I'm not.

We did have a great discussion about the book. It was my most favorite book club meeting yet.
The coolest thing about it was the group was made up of half mom's of young children and half moms of grown children, so it made for interesting perspectives on the topic.

We read Intervention by Terri Blackstone if your wondering.

Our book club members...

And this picture shows me how much a fat fatty I am right now.

Um, where is my skinny pillow? (Another post in itself)

I really need to lay off the chocolate cake (and the cookies) and start working out.

Ugh...no seriously, that's some serious motivation right there.

Comments

Tara Ball said…
You found some REALLY cute things at the consignment sale! My favorites are the last two..she is going to look so cute in them. I think I mentioned it to Nicole on her blog..not sure...but they are having a boutique consignment sale up here in PTC in March. You can go to boutiquerepeats.net to check it out. I think there is a way to get in and shop early other than volunteering.
The hair thing I can definitely sympathize with! I'm not sure if your hair has always done that but mine did it after I had Sophia. It lasted a few months and then thank heavens it stopped falling out. :)
I really enjoy reading your blog and it looks like you are all doing well. Hopefully Olivia is letting you get some sleep these days other than in her bouncy seat. :) Take Care.

Popular Posts