Veggie Tortellini Soup

It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe because let's be honest, it's been awhile since I've cooked. Now that we're moved in and the oven & stove are both fixed, I'm out of excuses to not cook anymore.

I've been eyeing this recipe in a magazine and it seemed perfect for the snowed in night we had Friday. I ran to the Piggly Wiggly (yes, those are real stores) on Friday afternoon to pick up the ingredients. I was afraid David wouldn't be a fan and would think it was too girlie, but luckily he loved it! This is now going to make the recipe rotation list at the Mabrey house.

Veggie Tortellini Soup

What you need:

5 cups chicken broth

1 pkg. (16oz.) frozen California blend Vegetables

1 pkg. (8oz.) dried Cheese tortellini

1 can (14 1/2oz.) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained

Directions:

In a Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil. Stir in vegetables and tortellini. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until heated through.

Yield: 6 servings

That's it! It's super easy. We had baked potatoes with ours because I was afraid it wouldn't be enough to satisfy David but the soup alone was pretty satisfying for myself.

Comments

Kameron said…
I had to laugh that you thought soup would be too "girlie". :o) That sounds good. I make something similar with chicken in it and baby bella mushrroms. Mmm, now I want to make it this week!

Popular Posts