Ten for Today

1. I mentioned last week to David that I thought it would be fun to learn to play golf because it could be something for us to do "together." Um...in less than a week the hubby has scored a set of ladies golf clubs for me to try out and called about getting me lessons. Looks like I'm going to have a new hobby come soon.

2. After two months of living in the new house, I've finally started to rearrange the furniture. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to get motivated.

3. Sleep training is actually (knock on wood) getting better. In the last week, I've been able to get Olivia's nights in some kind of order. Part of the problem with the sleep training was that I could not figure out why she was waking up. I kept track of it and in one week her nights consisted of two nights sleeping through the night, two nights of waking every three hours, two nights of waking at 10:30pm and sleeping till 6:00am, and one night of waking up at 3am and sleeping till 6 or 7am. The problem being that no two nights would be the same. I couldn't tell if she was hungry, waking up out of habit or what. In the last week, I've stayed up later and fed her between 10:30pm or 11:30pm and then she would sleep till 5:30 or 6am. I've read that most babies cannot go a full 11 or 12 hours without eating till 9 months and to only expect 6-7 hours from her now. On that schedule, I get about 7 hours from her, so I'm thinking that she is hungry. I'm going to keep on it and hoping within the next couple of months I can get her going a full night. My goal is to have her sleeping through the night before we go on our long vacation in June. We're making progress.

4. The Sweet Repeats consignment sale is this weekend and I'm debating if I want to go or not. Olivia just needs everyday stuff like onesies and cotton shorts and shirts. Usually, that kind of stuff is been washed so much that it looks too used already so I end up not buying any of it. I end up spending my money on stuff that she's never going to wear, but I buy it just because it's cute. I'm thinking I might skip out on this one so I don't waste my money. I need to start buying stuff for our empty house.

5. I feel like I'm itching to do something. What? No clue.

6. I've come to the conclusion that I'm obsessed with the Duggars. I even had the thought last night while watching 19 Kids and Counting, I want to meet them one day.

7. No, I'm not obsessed enough to have my own 19 kids. When I think of a large family for the Mabrey's, I think of only 4 kids.

8. My dogs are driving me insane. I am soooo over dogs right now. Don't be surprised if you find them dropped off in the middle of no where. Every time I let them out, I tell them to not come back. I'm serious. There will be no dogs for the Mabreys for awhile if these two ever bite the dust.

9. We had our final appraisal for the renovations we had done so that the contractor can be paid. The guy came in asked me if we had carpet put throughout the entire house, took two pictures and left. I was really hoping he would ask me if we were happy with the contractor and the crap job he did with some of the stuff, but that didn't happen. No wonder 90% of contractors are crappy, no one (talking about the government) keeps them accountable.

10. The weather is BEAUTIFUL today. I'm looking for something to do outside so I can enjoy it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm over waiting for Cruz to sleep through the night too! He has the random night or two where he'll sleep from like 8:30 til 6 but most of the time he wakes at around 4 or 5 to eat. But I definitely did the cry it out thing for like a week or two, because I knew he wasn't hungry and literally all I would do is just pat his back and give him his paci and he would go back to sleep, so that's when I decided to let him cry it out. He was waking like every 2 to 3 hours like you say Olivia does sometimes. It finally worked! Btw, his room is the laundry room right now! :) Because I didn't want him waking up Julian, so yeah, until he sleeps through the night...he will not actually sleep in his room!
Kameron said…
Arielle keeps messing with me and the sleep thing too. Two night in a row she'll go down at 7 and wake up at 1am or 3am and then the next night she is up 3 times. I really just want some consistency. Having to wake up at 6:30 to get ready for work and lack of sleep is getting to me. Maybe once she starts solids next month it will be a little better, but who knows.

I am also obsessed with the Duggars. It is mostly an awe of the patience that woman must have. I say a large family for the Scampoli's is the 2 kids we already have! Ha!

I am also in the same midset as you when it comes to my cat. I seriously hope she doesn't come back when I let her out. I am tired of cleaning up all of her long white hair, her hairball puke that she keeps leaving all over the house and her darn littler box. Ok. I am done venting my hate for my cat. Maybe I'll put her on Craig's list!

Popular Posts