Intoxicating

I feel like I have been intoxicated with her lately.


I feel like for the first time, I'm really trying to soak in everything about her.

The softness of her skin. The stinky little kid smell after playing outside all day. That soft little voice singing in the back seat of the car. The way it feels when she wraps those little arms around my neck.

I can't get enough of her.

For so long, it felt like I was just trying to get through the day and to that next stage.

After two years of trying for another baby, it hit me a few months ago, that she may very well be the only baby God has planned for us.

She may be the only little person I get to cuddle up with in the mornings. The only little person who I get to hear call me "mommy" a thousand times a day.

The other night, David was working and it was just her and I. I put her to bed and after about 15 minutes, I went and got her back up just so I could have more time with her.

There are still moments when she drives me crazy, but even in those moments, I now find myself stopping and laughing at her crazy ways.

I think we can all agree, it's way too easy to get wrapped up in the everyday things and forget to stop and really soak them in.

So instead of wasting my energy on wanting the next one to come along (like I have for the last two years), I'm finally soaking in the one right in front of me.

And its intoxicating.

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Aw, Amber...call me hormonal, lol...but I couldn't help but cry a little. Such a sweet post, and I just cannot wait to experience this type of intoxicating love! :)
Nicole said…
I've for sure noticed the difference. In her AND in you. You two are twins and she is SO SO SO perfect. I am so happy you're embracing her.

Maybe she'll name her first hit single after you.
Kameron said…
I am in that stage with Arielle too. I just love everything she does...even the annoying things! Eat it up. They change all too fast. :)
Tristan said…
she's beyond adorable!

Popular Posts