A Christmas Lesson Learned.

I'm a little mad at myself this week. I was a little too much of a procrastinator with some Christmas stuff and looking back on the week, I didn't enjoy it at all. I was stressed. I had little patience with David and Olivia. I cried several times and that even includes an ugly cry. All around, I was a mess. This is the first I've sat down all week and you could have pretty much describe me as a chicken running around without it's head all week. I know everyone is usually running around like crazy, but I told myself that I was going to "prepare" for Christmas this year and enjoy the days leading up to it. Um...yeah, that went out the window long ago.

(For the record....this includes Christmas cards. I've gotten several questions about Christmas cards from us and I'm ashamed to say I didn't get them out. I promise to do better next year. I'm thinking of maybe sending New Year cards this year???)

Lesson learned.

I really want to work on this while Olivia is young. I don't want her to remember the days leading up to Christmas with her momma telling her to "shoo and to go find something constructive to do," while I finish gifts. Yeah, that statement to a 14 month old means nothing if your wondering. I want that romantic idea of us making gingerbread houses and curled up on the couch watching Christmas movies while drinking hot chocolate. Yeah, that's what I want.

So, I'm going to work on it for next year. Christmas comes every year at the same time and somehow it always seems to sneak up on us. Why is that??? One of my goals for next year is going to be to "prepare" for Christmas ahead of time and not the week of Christmas. Olivia will really be able to enjoy all the usual Christmas activities next Christmas and I'd rather spend my time creating those special memories with her.

So, I hope your week has been a little less crazy than mine. Hopefully you "prepared" a little better than I did. Tonight both our families are joining together at our house for the annual Mitchell Spaghetti dinner. The homemade spaghetti and meatballs are in the crock pot and already smelling delicious. Christmas Eve is my favorite part of our Christmas traditions. No gifts, just a yummy dinner and a evening spent enjoying each others company.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas eve and day spent with loved ones!!!

Merry Christmas from the Mabrey's!


Comments

Tristan said…
I did the 25 days of Christmas..nothin prepares a person like that...haha!!

Popular Posts