A couple of things...

Thank you all for your help on my last post!!!

Some of you ladies had me cracking up and had some pretty good ideas.  I did have a friend that asked an actual cop for me and he gave me similar advice as Amy K. did in the comments (just in case any of you have a similar problem in the future).  He did however say that as satisfying as a throwing out some nails may be (cough, cough Kameron), that he really wouldn't suggest that.  For me personally, I thought it was a great idea and one I was really considering.

So, would y'all like to hear the ironic part of it all....they haven't been back since I got all your advice!!! Maybe they are one of the tens of people that read this little blog and were too embarrassed to come back??? Or maybe since it was almost Valentine's day, he dumped her because he couldn't afford a gift for his wife and his girlfriend??? I mean, let's be honest, we all know he cannot afford to take her to a hotel room....just saying.

Now to move on to a completely different topic...

One of the first blogs I started reading years ago was Melanie at Big Mama blog.  I loved her sense of humor and her story telling.  The woman is a story teller and her blog post make me laugh on a daily basis.  I love reading about her daughter Carolina because Olivia is seriously nothing but a younger version.  I cannot tell you how many times I've walked away from Melanie's blog thinking that someone was watching through our windows and sharing my daily battles with Olivia.

Awhile ago, Melanie announced she was writing a book on motherhood called Sparkly Green Earrings and I've been very anxious for its arrival.  Well, that day was last Friday and on Saturday morning, the mail lady showed up with my copy that I had per-ordered months ago.  I finished it last night and I cannot recommend it enough to all my fellow mothers out there.  From how you cringe every time you hear someone compare child raising to having dogs, to the years...yes, years....that you go without sleep, to nap time, clothing, and food battles....she covers it all and reminds us that we're not alone on this crazy train called motherhood. Along with the laughs, there are also sweet and gentle reminders that as crazy as the motherhood train is, why we women keep signing up for more. 


Even if you are not a big reader, this book is an easy read and will have you laughing the entire time (and maybe a little teary eyed at the end...or maybe its just the pregnancy hormones).  I've notices a few times now that when bloggers come out with books, it can feel like some of book is nothing but a repeat of their blogs.  However, I've been reading Big Mama Blog for years now and none of it felt like a repeat.  Like I said, I can't recommend this one enough.  In the past few years I've read several parenting books and I have to say that Sparkly Green Earrings is hands down my favorite.


Comments

Popular Posts