Closure and a lazy day

I wanted to say thank you to all who left encouraging words about my Grandfather. A few of you put things in a perspective that I hadn't thought of before.

Last week was without a doubt an emotional roller coaster for my family. My grandfather had been living out of state for some time now and my Dad and Aunt went there to take care of all the stuff you take care of when someone passes. They made it home Friday and Saturday night we got the chance to gather together and remember my grandfather as a family. We had dinner together and then held a little memorial service for him at my Aunts. We cried, we laughed....we laughed until we cried. I think it was the first time in years, that we have all come to some type of peace over the last eleven years. We've chosen to remember the good and forget the bad.

The night showed me again just how much I love that side of my family. I mentioned that we're small (only 11 of us plus a long term boyfriend) and we're as close as families can be, but we still have our issues from now and then. However, last night I walked away realizing how blessed I am to have them all in my life. I definitely walked away last night with a new peace.

I mentioned earlier in the month that our February was going to be crazy busy. We've seriously been going like crazy all month long. The last time we had a full day at home doing nothing and with no where to be, was back in January. Sunday morning, I woke up with a second day headache and decided we would have a day being lazy. We skipped church and stayed home watching (parts) of movies, having tea parties, coloring, gluing random things on paper, playing memory, some outside time, and a nap with my favorite girl.

Okay, I guess there is no such thing of being lazy with Olivia. The child would burst if she sat still too long. I didn't do any housework, so that counts as something, right?

Either way, it was a nice day at home all day with no where to be.

Today starts another busy couple of weeks around here.

Plus, someone has a big birthday coming up very soon!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts