Today is the day....

Our lives change forever.

I've been kinda quiet about it all, but today, we travel three hours away to meet the kids that we may soon call our own.

Regardless of what we decide, these kids have made an impact on our lives.

Either way, we'll never forget their faces, their names, their birthdays, their sad past.

I'd be lying if I said that they hadn't already took a place in my heart.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

Even Big Dave admitted that he was pretty nervous the other day, which is funny, because he's never nervous about anything.

This past week, I've been trying to deal with my emotions of it all. As of last night, I felt so nervous, I felt like I was going to be sick.

Its crazy to think that we have these kids lives in our hands.

A simple yes or no changes their entire life.

Ultimately, yes, its in Gods hands.

He already knows the decision we'll make. He knows what the future holds for these kids.

But, its crazy to think he's given us the opportunity to make a decision like that.

For some reason, this feels so different than deciding to have a baby.

Making that decision was so natural.

To make the choice that your going to commit to raise and love someone else's child, seems anything but.

But, in my heart, it feels so right.

Our meeting is set for 11am this morning. Prayers I make it for the what I'm sure will be the longest drive ever! I'll share all the details tomorrow!

Comments

The Edberg's said…
Ahhh, so exciting! Good luck & many prayers!
MyLinda said…
I am so excited to hear all about your meeting. You'll just know the right decision when the time comes!

Popular Posts