Where we've been...

On Friday afternoon....

mom: Hey, whatcha doing?

me: nothing. What you doing?

(this is how every phone conversation with us begins)

mom: I just wanted to check...is everything okay? You haven't blogged in a week...

The funny part of this conversation is that I had just spoken with my mom the day before....she would have known if something was really wrong.

Then my dad got onto me for not blogging and then a few other family members.

Sorry guys. Nicole hit it on the head...I've been in mourning for the past week since she has left Amy and I forever. I haven't seen her or Jk in 11 days and no, I haven't been keeping track.

Honestly, David has been on vacation this past week and so I at the last minute decided to take a vacation from the blog world. Unfortunately, we didn't get to go anywhere cool this vacation. Since we just bought a house, we didn't really have the money to go anywhere.

We decided to stay around the house for the week and get some stuff done. Plus, spend some much needed family time together. We were kinda bummed we didn't get to go anywhere or really do anything special. We were wondering if we would get bored sitting around the house for seven days. Thankfully, that did not happen. Sadly, the week flew by and tomorrow is his last day home with us.

We spent most of our week painting or being lazy (it's rained here a lot). We got five rooms painted and now only have ten left to go (mom, I'll get pics as soon as I take them). We also took a day date Thursday and went to have lunch and see a movie. Pretty much the only thing worth seeing was Alice in Wonderland. Surprisingly, it was pretty good. I didn't know what to expect out of it and we actually both enjoyed it.

Saturday we celebrated David's birthday with our families. We've come to the realization that it's too hard to go out to eat with both sides of the family, so we had everyone over for hamburgers and hot dogs. A few people ended up not being able to come, so we ended up with a ton of food left over. Looks like we're going to be eating hamburgers and hot dogs all week. Plus, I have about four pounds of pasta salad I completely forgot to pull out when it came time to eat. Can we say lunch for the next few days? We had a good time and it was nice to have our family over at the new house. It was the first time most of them have seen it. I didn't get many pictures. I'm bad at taking pictures when I'm hosting.

We made it to church again this Sunday. Two weeks in a row!!!! Wooohooo! A few people have asked where we've been going. We've been going here. Nicole's mother-in-law, Darlene, invited me a few weeks ago at book club and we've been meeting her up there the past couple of weeks. I really like the church. It reminds me a lot of the churches I attended growing up. The first weekend we attended, in a way, it just felt like coming home. We ended up going back that Sunday night because they were having a special speaker so David got to attend. He got to hear the preacher for the first time this Sunday and he really liked him too. For those that haven't heard, Olivia LOVES the nursery. She comes out all smiles when we go to pick her up. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact she gets to see someone else's face besides mine. The nursery workers have seemed to taken a liking to her. She was the last to leave this morning and the lady told me she wasn't ready for her to leave yet. They said she does great in there and loves to play. So, we're not rushing into joining right now because we want to give it some more time, but we think we've found somewhere to call our church home for the time being.

So, that's the lowdown on where we've been and what we've been up to. I promise to get back to blogging this week so my family doesn't have to send the search party for me.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts