The Weekend

It's Monday.

I thought when I stopped leaving the house to go to a job, I would stop hating Mondays. Well, I no longer "hate" Mondays, but I'm still not too fond of them. I guess Monday will always be the red headed stepchild. Poor Monday, I don't think it's ever going to be liked.

The good thing about this Monday is David is home with us today. The bad thing is the weather is nasty. I'm really starting to worry that A. it's never going to warm up and B. it's never going to stop raining.

We did have some wonderful weather this past weekend. Unfortunately, it seems to be that it was just a tease. On Saturday, our trio reunited for the first time since March 3rd and we spent the whole afternoon outside with the girls. The weather was perfect. I laid a huge quilt on the grass so Olivia and Matalie got some good play time and Josie played in her new sand table while Amy and I were filled in about Nicole's trip to Arizona. We missed them a lot. I know Nicole is sad to leave her family, but we're glad to have her back.

That evening, we decided to join the Pope's for dinner. Nicole and I stayed behind while the guys took Olivia & Josie to pick us up some dinner. Nicole and I sat pretty much in silence the whole time. I think we said maybe five words to each other in that 45 minutes. I got some uninterrupted reading time in, while Nic picked flowers to put around the house. I've decided that it's nice to have a friend that you can sit in silence with and it not be weird. I think everyone needs a friend that you can have silent time with.

Earlier that morning I met up with my childhood best friend Alison. Unfortunately, we only have gotten the chance to see each other a handful of times within the past few years. She called me up earlier in the week and wanted to know if I wanted to hit up the Moms of Multiples consignment sale in her hometown. She knows how much I love my consignment sales. Her goal was a double jogging stroller (which she scored for $40) and mine goal was dresses that Olivia can wear to church. She doesn't have many in the size she's wearing right now. I got her 9 dresses, a few other everyday outfits, and two pair of shoes for $49. A couple of the dresses still had the tags on them and I paid $3 for them. I love being cheap! Afterward we headed to breakfast and spent the next two hours catching up before she had to head off and rescue her mom from her kids. We're planning on getting together over her spring break and I'm holding you to that Alison!!!

Sunday Olivia and I headed to church. It was sunny when we went in and pouring when we came out. It hasn't stopped since. I'm really enjoying the church so far. I'm trying not to rush into anything, but I'm thinking we'll be staying for awhile. Since David cannot go on Sunday mornings, we went back for the Sunday night service. It's sad to say, but one of the reasons I'm happy to get back into the routine of going to church is that it makes Sundays fly by now. The weekends can be long and lonely sometimes for a waffle house wife. Everyone is busy with their families or other plans while we're sitting at home waiting for the husband to get off work. I cannot tell you how many weekends have gone by and I haven't spoken to a soul. Now on Sundays, by the time we get home from morning service and take an afternoon nap, it's about time to get ready for the evening service. Right now we've just been attending the regular services, but we're looking into getting involved in other things the church offers.

So far today we haven't done much but hang around the house. It's cold and raining. I'm thankful we didn't get the snow that some people got. I'm so ready for the winter to be over with. I hate the cold weather. I would take the hot any day over the cold. I'm not one of those who complains about the heat. I love it!

We did take a trip today to my favorite local used bookstore. I did good and only bought one book. They have a book trading system and for every two books you bring in, they will trade you one book. I decided to go through our books and get rid of some stuff. I know this is a shock to some who know me. I don't let go of my books easily. Shockingly, I have probably thirty or more that I want to get rid of. Sadly, it hasn't put much of a dent in the bookshelf and the whole reason of getting rid of them is to bring more home. I always tell David be thankful I'm addicted to books and not cats. He hates cats.

Comments

Nicole said…
That's so funny! I just told Andrew how much I love that we sat together and read or did whatever in total silence and it was just normal as can be! To me, that's a good friend!
Anonymous said…
I love your posts, Amber. They make me smile. And I understand the book thing, Brandon doesn't, but I just think he secretly can't read.
Kameron said…
I understand the silence thing. It is nice to have that in your life. You should be comfortable enough with a friend to enjoy the silence! Moms appreciate it more than most!

I'm ready for the warm weather too. I need to be hot! I don't complain either like a lot of New Englanders. I think some people just like to complain about the weather no matter what!!

Popular Posts