This one's for him...

By the time this posts, Olivia and I will have been at the beach for five days with my family. Which means, five days that we've been away from Big Dave! *Side note: He's just recently accrued that name and for some reason I say it whenever I'm referring to him.* I'm sure it's safe to say that we're missing him about now. I'm also pretty sure he's missing us too! Every time we go out of town, he always calls to say how lonely he is and he could have never been a lifelong bachelor.

So, I just wanted to take a moment to tell him how awesome we think he is.

You might want to go ahead and leave...it might get a little mushy.

Babe, you are awesome.

I know I tell you this all the time, but I don't know how I got so lucky to have you pick me out of all those girls you dated! ; )

Why you love me, I have still yet to figure...but I'll take it.

Your the best daddy a girl could have. I seriously thank God everyday for the father he sent my children. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. Don't know if you've noticed, but your daughter adores you. I never understood when my mom use to say "she thinks her dad hung the moon" but now I do. Olivia thinks you made the world. My favorite part of the day is seeing her face light up when you walk in the door. That's why I don't look at you when you walk in, I'm too busy watching her reaction. You probably thought I was ignoring you, huh? You don't know this, but she's started talking about you all the time now during the day. It's always "daddy...." You have quickly become one of our favorite subjects and it melts my heart.

Thanks for not freaking out when I sent you the pic of our painting mishap. I love that the response I get from you is "it happens."

Thanks for making me laugh with your intellectual jokes. I know we're the only ones that get our humor. I'm so glad that I have found someone to share my intellectual humor with. It's not everyday you meet someone like that! : )

I know I give you a hard time, but your math skills really do impress me. You really are like a tall version of rain man. I honestly really wish I could look at numbers and just figure them out in my head like you do. I'm so glad that your talented in this area because I honestly don't see myself being able to teach math when we homeschool. Our children may have a chance after all.

Thank you for telling me I'm beautiful, even on those days I obviously not.

Thank you for working so hard to give us the life we have. I don't deserve it. I hate that you always have to miss out on holidays and family vacations, but I know you do it for us. Hope your not missing us too much & We'll see you in a few days!!!

We love you!!!

Me & OK

Comments

Popular Posts