I even had a couple of weeks over the last few months that I contemplated shutting down the good ol' blog, thinking that maybe my blogging days were over. I don't see myself blogging forever. I look at it as just a hobby that I'm into at this season of life. However, though I know that I'm not completely done since I find myself thinking about it at least once a day, if not more. Its just actually making myself sit down to write that is the problem.
Anyways...I'm sure y'all love hearing my excuses every time I actually get around to posting.
1. It seems like we've been really busy lately. I was talking with some friends the other day at a birthday party on how it seems like we're always glad for the holidays come to an end because it means we have less going on, but I've realized that its just not true. I looked at our calendar the other day and realized we have something every single weekend from the beginning of January till the last weekend of February. Though the fact it is "birthday season" in our circle of friends, might have a little something to do with it.
2. Have you heard of Downton Abby? I had been reading on a few of my favorite blogs how people were really getting into that show, so I decided to check it out. David and I are both hooked! We both started watching it together, but I may have spent an entire day watching the rest of the first season by myself last Friday. He was a little ticked with me when he came home and found me watching it without him, but I promised to not start on the second season till he caught up. He finally caught up last night, so we can finally move on to the first two episodes of season 2. It is on your local PBS station, so you'll have to check your listings for when its on.
3. Olivia's eye is back to normal for those that have asked. After a few days, it finally started to look more like a scrap and I didn't have to worry about being reported to DFACS any longer. The scab (that just sounds gross, I know) fell off by Thursday and she looks good as new.
4. We got invited to a visit a new church a few weeks ago and we (Olivia and I) finally got to make it this past Sunday. I loved it....like really loved it. It was the first church that I had been to in awhile that I couldn't find something I didn't like about it. We had a list of criteria we were looking for in a church and this one so far has meet all the requirements but one (which wasn't a deal breaker one). I cannot wait till David has a Sunday off to visit. I don't like saying it after just one visit, but I really can see our family there long term.
5. I'm still planning on sharing my New Years Goal for 2012. I'm just not quiet ready to share yet with the world.....that makes you wonder, huh?
6. I've become addicted to Instagram since getting my iphone. I'm anmabrey on there if you'd like to follow me. Let me know if your on there so I can stalk...I mean, follow you too! I seriously look at it a hundred times a day!
7. Its that time of year and I'm itching for a new blog layout. I've been narrowing down a few of my favorites and hoping to get a new one installed by the end of next month.
8. I've decided that I'm purging this year. I've got way too much junk that we do not use. I guess it could technically be one of my New Years goals, but it needs to be done regardless. We've been discussing possibly moving within the next few years for Davids job and I've decided I do not want to move all this junk with me, so I've slowly started purging room by room. I come from a family of hoarders (not bad enough to make the tv show, but we're pack rats for sure) so I come by it honestly, but just the thought of having to pack up all this junk I have in about three or so years, makes me ready to rid of it all.
That's all I've got for now. Off to do something with my house since we have guest for dinner tonight.
Happy Tuesday to you all! : )