It's been a cray-cray May!

I literally had to dust off the computer when I picked it up a little bit a go. I'm not even joking.

Had you given up on me? 

Well, I gave myself permission to take the month of May off.

May has been an overly crazy busy month for us this year.  For real, we had something on the calender everyday this month.  I know that's not a big deal to some, but to a homebody like myself, it's overload.


I've been looking forward to Memorial day for months now just because it meant an end to our crazy month.  June so far is staying pretty clear schedule wise and I'm going to soak it up, since July is pretty full too. Pretty much the only thing on the calender for June is summer fun! 

Some things you may have missed over the past month...


1.  We celebrated eight years of marriage.  It was the worst anniversary we've had so far....seriously.  We got into probably the biggest fight to date of our marriage, but it was one of those that ended up being good for us.  Sometimes you need those kinds of fights to put you both back on the same track.

2. I got bangs (see above picture).  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep them yet but its nice because my hairdresser left them long enough I can still go bangless if needed.

3. I broke my toe.  I haven't been able to run or workout for about three weeks now because it hurt to wear anything but flipflops.  I wore heels to a wedding for a short time this weekend and thought the toe was all better, but after a run tonight, the toe isn't looking so good again. Ugh, is all I have to say.


4.  We played room switch-a-roo again in the farmhouse and now Olivia is sleeping in the little nook area.  It's been about two weeks and so far, it's working out the best out of all the sleeping arrangements we've tried.  The girls just aren't quite ready yet to share a room.  This time we actually got around to hanging a curtain to give her a little bit of privacy and her little area has actually turned out pretty cute (though this picture doesn't convey the cuteness). She's in love with it and excited to have her own space again.  I think they'll still share a room eventually, but Amelia is for sure going to have to be sleeping through the night and not taking four naps a day. 


 Oh, and we told Olivia we'd pay her a dollar for each day she takes a nap.  This has been in effect for two weeks now and she's only earned a $1.  Obviously it's not working.

5.  We pretty much gave up on school for the rest of the year.  However, we packed in the field trips for the first part of the month.  We're taking a stab at a new program for the summer just to see if it will work in the fall, but we won't be hardcore about it.  Looking to the fall for a fresh start and to get back on track.  I'm not really to concerned since she's only four, but between moving, being sick so much, friends in the hospital, etc....we got way off track this Spring.





 4.  This kid turned ten months old and now has five and a half teeth, but that's a whole post in itself.


Well, I think that about covers it. 

There are a few other things that require their own post, so I'll try to get to those soon. 

For now, we're welcoming summer...







Comments

Popular Posts