My word.

Hi....

I realize that I kinda fell off the planet, but I'm trying to rejoin the world.

These arctic temperatures aren't helping much though.  They said on the news yesterday that it was colder in Atlanta than in Anchorage, Alaska.  Ummmm....what the heck?  I hadn't planned on leaving my house till the temps warmed a little, but I had to run away to Starbucks for some mommy time. Being stuck at home with a fussy teething baby can drive you a little batty.  Or maybe it's just me?

So, here I am.

I can't tell you how many times I've sat down to write in these past few weeks, but the words just aren't coming to me.

I feel like I have so much swirling around in my head, but I can't seem to get it out. 

I have several things I want to share, but I have to wait till the time is right.

So, I think that may be holding me up in the blogging department.

My apologies.

Naturally, I've been thinking about this new year and goals over the last week.  Usually by the time Christmas comes, I've already got my list of goals ready for the next year, but this year it really didn't hit me till New Years eve that I hadn't really thought of anything yet.

Maybe because I feel like I'm still in that "just trying to survive" mode with Amelia.

For the past few years now, it's been popular to pick a word and focus on that word instead of a long list of goals.  Though I've never really done it before, I decided to kinda go that route this year with my New Years goal. 

My word(s) for the year:

Enjoy it.

Is it sad that the first "word" to come to my mind when thinking about this year was Enjoy?  I don't know why, but I feel like that says so much about me.

Can I be honest?  I feel like I didn't enjoy life at all last year.  I feel like I was just going through the motions last year.  I feel like it was stolen from me but I know I have no one to blame but myself for it.

I've never been one of those women who enjoy being pregnant and then on top of that, it was rough pregnancy emotionally.  Then she got here and we've dealt with colic and reflux for the past five months.  I feel like I was just emotionally drained all of last year.

So, I want to enjoy this year.

I've decided I'm not putting pressure on myself to get anything else accomplished this year.  If I get to start blogging again on a daily basis....awesome.  If I lose those last ten baby pounds....awesome.  If I run a full marathon like I've been dreaming of for so long....even more awesome.  If I get finally get around to my ever growing reading list....go me!!!

I'm not saying I'm not going to try for those things, but.....if those things don't get crossed off my list by the time December rolls around, the year it not a loss.

I just want to enjoy my time. 

I want to enjoy my husband.
I want to enjoy my time with my girls.
I want to enjoy my family and friends.

I want to enjoy the good moments and not as fun (i.e. teething).
I want to enjoy what each season brings. 
I want to enjoy what I've been given and not long for any more for a moment.

I want to look back at 2014 and the first thing to come to my mind is "I enjoyed it." 

I know the year won't be without it's own struggles, but that doesn't mean I have to let those struggles steal my joy.

I wish I could say that I've succeeded in enjoying these first seven days, but I'm learning it's not that easy.  It's something that I still have to strive and work for.  I hope by the end of the year, I can learn to more naturally enjoy it all...the good and the bad.

So here's to a new year and the chance to enjoy it.

(via)

Comments

Popular Posts