Farmhouse love and our school room these days.



Ummm....so first off, you guys are excited about the farmhouse move.

That was the most read post on my blog EVER and probably the one we got the most love on.

Craziness.

You people always surprise me.

Anyways....thanks for all the love on the upcoming move yesterday.

We're all super excited too!

We may or may not be counting down the days now.

********************************

One of my favorite things to see about other homeschooling families is where they do school.  When I check out a new homeschooling blog, that's usually one of the first things I look for.  I'm a sucker for a good school room.

For the past year, our formal dining room has served as our school room.  Though I've moved some things in and out of it or tried this table or that one...the soul purpose of the room has stayed the same.  When we first moved into our current house, I was a little bummed I would have to use the formal dinning room as a school room (because we had soooo many fancy dinners in our last one...sarcasm), but I honestly ended up loving it a lot more than I thought I would.

It's right by the kitchen, so it makes craft clean up a cinch and it makes it easier for me to get a few chores done while Olivia works on stuff she can already do independently.  Yeah, there are alphabet posters on the wall for everyone to see and baskets upon baskets of random crafts Livi refuses to let me throw away, but that's apart of homeschooling and it's part of our lives.

Ever since we've returned from Christmas break, our school room has looked a little different. 


We're moving in a few weeks, so the school room has been packed up and this is our essentials.

And you know what????  I'm enjoying it.  

It's got everything we use on a daily basis for both her and I.  Can you believe there is seven weeks worth of school in that tote!?!?! Plus wipes for messy hands!

For a little over a year now, I've been soaking up the simple in life.  We've been trying hard to make things simpler for family.

Though there are a few more things that we need, like craft stuff, etc., things that aren't as easy to carry around in a bag, I'm hoping to keep up this same idea even after we move.

We won't have a room that we will call a "school room." Like 80% of other homeschool families out there, we'll have to use our whole house as a school room and in reality, isn't that really what's it's supposed to be about? Though I would still love a permanent school room again one day,  I am excited to make things a little more simpler with our school time.  I'm embarrassed to say that at times, I feel like already at the age four I've made things too complicated with school.  It's so easy to get caught up in the hoopla of what everyone else is doing.

I know the older she gets, the more we'll have to have, but I'm hoping to stick with this "simpler" way for a little while.

And maybe...just maybe...that simpler way can flow into other aspects of our lives. 

Comments

Popular Posts