First Day October 2012

So.....I kinda fell off the bandwagon with pictures for First Day yesterday.  I wasn't going to post, but I decided to go ahead anyway, even though I only have a handful of pictures. 

Here was our First Day of October in (for me) a very few pics....

 As you most all already know, David is off on Mondays & Tuesdays.  Last year when Olivia started pre-school, we started using at least one of those days as our date mornings.  Even though she's been in school for weeks now, due to crazy schedules this past month, yesterday was our first "morning date" this school year.  Can you guess which meal was his and which was mine?  I wasn't ashamed and yes, he was hungry again just an hour later.  

 After our date, we ran by to pick up a box of munchkins at  Dunkin Donuts to take to Olivia's class because they were celebrating her third birthday.  I tried to get his picture but moved to sneak out of it, but I'm going to post it anyways.  
Dave was a little hesitant about us staying for the celebration, since she would act like a lunatic the moment we walked in for all her class celebrations last year.  We went anyways and it was a total different experience from last year.  She acted like a normal child and even let us leave and then come back to pick her up at the end of the day. There is hope peeps.

Rainy Day 

 After the party, we ran to get David's hair cut.  He goes to an old barber shop downtown.  This was my first time going with and I thought it was hilarious that he had to explain to me how the "system" worked.  See the guy in the very back.  He's the guy who owns it and the old guys who sit and wait in the rocking chairs get to see him.  All the young guys sit in the waiting room in the front of the building (where we were) and they wait on the guys daughter to cut their hair (the lady in the pink).  The young guys don't get to go to the old guy.  It was hilarious.  Oh and listening to the "older guys" talk about their wives were worth the trip itself.  I was cracking up over them.  It was totally one of those situations you know they were trying to act all big and bad and talk smack, but I'm sure as soon as they get home they are all like "yes, dear."
 

I registered for my next race.  My goal is at least one a month, but I'm skipping October and doing two in November.  Plus, I've already got my eyes set on my next two half marathons!!! : )


 Olivia got some money for her birthday and on Sunday, we went to pick out a "big girl" bike.  Unfortunately, it had rain all day Sunday and Monday.  She was itching to ride, so we pulled the car out and Dave worked with her a few minutes on riding it.  She's almost there, but needed a little more room to practice. Before I get hate mail, she does have a helmet.  We were only out there a few minutes and she was just trying to get the hang of it.  I promise we are making sure she wears a helmet on a regular basis.

I promise to do better next month!!! : )

Linking up with Nicole:



I also realize I've kinda left you all hanging on a few things.  I promise I'm trying to catch up this week!

Comments

What a great day! Oh the first picture made me stomach growl!!
Nicole said…
Ah, will Uncle David take Gabe for his first barber shop trip?! Those rules scare me.
Sarah said…
Yea for the races! I just did my first (and maybe only) 5K.

I love the story about the barber shop! Too funny :)
Kameron said…
Great idea about a race a month! I am doing 1 a month for the next 3 months then probably won't do another one until spring. snow is not all that easy to run in lol.
Kym said…
that first picture made me hungry for lunch!

Popular Posts