VBS 2018 ~Shipwrecked

The girls headed back to VBS this year and it's always one of their favorite weeks of summer.

David actually tried to get me to convince them to go to the lake for the first half of the weekend, but they both cried when I suggested the idea. Then it hit me that Livi only has a couple more years before she's too old to go, so VBS won out.


Confession....we don't attend VBS at our home church. One of the local churches south of us puts on the  best VBS, so I truck the girls the 25 minute drive all week to attend. We've gotten to attend several VBS programs now and it's totally worth the drive with how good of a job this church does.


This years theme was Shipwrecked and the girls loved it. I have to say that the music was the best I've heard in years and I've even been walking around singing it. Kinda bummed now I didn't buy a cd.



Both girls had great leaders and fell in love with them over the week.  Ironically, they both were the only girls in both of their groups.

The ultimate goal for both of them is to get on stage and they both managed to get on several times throughout the week. I was only able to get a chance to see Livi on stage, though.


At the end of the week, they hold a water night for the kids and their families. Knowing our kids, we knew they wouldn't necessarily enjoy it, so we tried to talk them out of going, but they persisted. We went and stayed a whole hour and most of that was standing in lines...they eventually gave in and wanted to head home to swim. At least we got a free shaved ice.




The best part of the week though was each day the moment we got home, the girls would lock themselves in the playroom or their bedroom and play with each other for hours. They kept telling me they needed their "kid time." Obviously, they missed each other all week. Guess I'm doing something right. 😍


Comments

Popular Posts