Dusting off the cobwebs....

Has it really been this long???

(cricket, cricket, cricket....)

In a lot of ways, it feels like I just turned off the computer for a few months, but then I sit back and look at the last few post I wrote in 2015, those days seem like a lifetime ago.

I cannot tell you how many times I've sat down at this screen these last three years and started to type out words.

At one time I probably had twenty post half written, but it felt I could never find the words to finish them. Eventually, I ended up going back thru and just deleting them all.

The truth is, it's been hard to find the words a lot of time these last few years. I feel like so often I've been asked my feelings and thoughts on so much, but the truth is, majority of the time I struggled with what to even tell myself about it all. The last few years have been filled with so much, that at times it's hard to believe what all has happen and how different our lives look....let alone to find the words for it all.


About eight months ago though, it has started to feel like I've found my feet again after three long years of drudging thru the messes life has thrown our way these last few years. Sickness, death, loss of relationships, school changes, family changes, work changes, etc...I've learned sometimes it takes years to find your self again and that's okay. It's funny because for so long I felt so sure about myself and who I was, only to have the rug pulled out under my feet time after time it felt. I've been knocked on the floor and left dazed and confused, sad and angry, and it's taken years of trying to pick myself back up ever since that July day four years ago.

Lately though, I've felt like I've finally found myself standing up straight again.

Along with that, I started having an itching to blog again. I've missed seeing the old post pop up in my time feed and missed reminiscing over old memories. I've missed seeing how much our little family has grown.

I missed having something for me.


I told myself though it wasn't cool to blog anymore (which is kind of funny considering I have never been one to be described as "cool") and then I'd shut down the computer screen and go on about my day.

I myself rarely read blogs anymore, so why bother writing when no one wants to read. Though there are a few I still read time to time, a majority of the blogs I used to read don't even blog themselves anymore. It also didn't help that it felt like for a time there blogs had changed so much. They went from online journals where moms kept family and friends up to date on the daily happenings, to nothing but advertisements and giveaways.

But as usual, the tides have changed again and now the cool kid is Instagram (I'm too old for snapchat and all the others) and everyone is into making videos and videos are not my thing....especially ones that disappear in 24 hours.  Which can someone please explain??? For real...as someone who is the official "memory keeper" of our family, I don't get why so many people just do instastories now? I'm not knocking it, I just really don't understand. I like to have a photo and memories to look back on...I just don't get it. I guess I'm just old school when it comes to social media. There's a reason why my family calls me "MawMaw."

All that being said, over the last six months theres been little signs here and little signs there, that have often brought my thoughts back to blogging. The fact my family often calls me a writer still or I'll have people randomly bring up a blog post I wrote seven years ago...it's got me itching to write again.


Three of the blogs I do still keep up with, recently posted that they were celebrating this year their tenth year of blogging and it made me a bit sad. All I could think of is "Wow! If I had kept up with blogging, mine would be ten years old too." Even though it's been three years since I've hit the "publish" button, it made me miss it even more to think of how long now my little blog has been apart of me and our lives.

After years of telling myself it's not "cool" anymore, I've decided to follow the advice I often tell the girls ("YOU BE YOU") and (try) to start blogging again.

So, I've started dusting off the cobwebs and trying to figure out how to work blogger now since things have changed a bit since I've last posted regularly.  I'm a little older and a little wiser and at the moment, I want to blog for me....not the number of readers, comments, or anything else that comes with the social media territory. If just my mom reads....that's okay. I don't plan on posting daily or doing giveaways or advertising, changing to get my own domain, or anything of that fancy nature....it's just me, my words, and my memories.


Comments

Unknown said…
Oh my goodness! I have been thinking about starting back too! I kinda want to start doing it just with the move and everything. <3
Amber said…
Obviously I fell off the wagon quickly, but I'm hoping to get back into in. I know a lot of people that used to blog don't, but it feels like theres a new generation bringing it back I've noticed. I'm so glad you blogged again too! We can bring it back together! :)

Popular Posts