Taking a break and finding the reset button.

We ran away to the beach this week.


It's been a trip planned for quiet some time now, but oh, we had no idea how much it would be needed after these past few months.

They've been kinda stressful ones.


Believe me, there are a lot worse things we could be dealing with besides a colic/reflux baby (I've sadly had that reminder this week), but the past few weeks have been hard ones on all of us.

I started realizing it a week or so ago, the weeks had started to put their wear on me.  I've gotten quiet on here and in real life.  I've been putting out enough pics on instagam and facebook so people wouldn't worry about us, but I've been drawing into myself for weeks now.  Something I tend to do when things get rough. 


I've been short and had attitude with those around me.  Quick to judge and quick to answer....something I've learned is never a good thing for me.  The first thing out of my mouth is usually never a good thing. 

I've been quiet and trying to put up appearance but instead constantly thinking "you don't understand how tough life is right now for me."

To be honest, I've barely been keeping my head above water and just trying to survive.


But this week has felt like a reset button.

A new look on life. 

A reminder that it is going to get better.  


I've had a lot of help with the kids and haven't been the one constantly trying to keep a baby happy.  Olivia has had constant playmates between the grandparents and kids at the beach or the pool.

It's made a big difference. 

I needed a break.
Big time. 

I'm not someone to ask for help when I need it.  I didn't the first time around and I've haven't been so hot with this baby either. 

I guess I'll never learn.


But this week has been good, for all of us.  Even the baby. 

Week 12 has been much kinder to us and you can definitely tell she's improving. 

As I told Dave the other day "good news is, it can't get any worse."

It for real feels like we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 


We've got one more day and then it's back to reality and real life. 

Here's to hoping the reset button works.

Comments

Tristan said…
Glad you got a reset week, been praying for you! I know how hard that is...and I had no help really, walking zombie..can't imagine doing that with another kiddo to care for too!

Here's to things being way better than ever for all of you!!

Popular Posts