A smiley baby & a second opinion.

We're home from the beach and back to reality. 

I have more pics from the beach but I wanted to do a quick update on this smiley baby.


I didn't really say anything on here, but a few weeks ago we had a really unfortunate situation come up at our normal pediatrician.   I won't go into details, but essentially Amelia's reflux had gotten worse, they refused to see her, and then after I demanded an appointment, they saw her but then refused to do anything about her reflux.  It was an ugly situation and the first time I ever walked out of an doctors appointment in tears.  Needless to say, we started searching for a new pediatrician and a second opinion. 

We got several recommendations, I called around to a few, and we decided to go with one close by.  Unfortunately, none of the pediatricians who were highly recommended had anything soon, so we had to sit and wait things out a few weeks.

Today we finally got into one of the new pediatricians and fortunately, there were no tears this time.

Overall, she got a great report and they said she looked very healthy which is always something I'm thankful for.  She's up to 11.9lbs and 24" long.  He did up her reflux meds and adding something else that I honestly can't remember the name of.  It had to be special ordered by the pharmacy, so we wont start on it for another day or two. So, after weeks of feeling like we weren't getting any help for our baby girl, it finally feels like we're heading in a new direction.

I have seriously never have felt as helpless as I have these past few weeks trying to figure things out for our baby girl.  When your baby is in pain and there is nothing you can do, it is the worst feeling. I know I may not come across that way, but I thank God everyday that this is all we are having to deal with.  I cannot imagine what parents who have to deal with medical issues on a daily basis feel.  I know our reflux days will come to an end and this will all seem like an ugly memory, but it still has left me feeling completely helpless as a mom. 


I told someone the other day that I feel like she gets a bad rap because for the past few weeks she's really becoming such a happy baby. I guess she's learned to live with the reflux and the uncomfortableness that comes with it.  The colic is still there, but it's daily duration is starting to dwindle and we've started to figure out what her "thing" is that calms her.  Her personality is already starting to come out and let's just say I think big sister is going to have a run for her money.  Especially in the talking department....this baby is vocal and loves to talk to us. 

Believe it or not, her nickname has gone from crazy baby to smiley baby.  I love it because she smiles with her whole face.  Her eyes light up and her smile takes up her whole face.  She melts my heart every time she smiles.

Even though it's been a long twelve weeks, at least once a day I look over at her and still can't believe she's here and she's ours.


Now I'm tearing up and need to go stare at her while she sleeps.

Thank you all for the encouraging words and prayers over the past few weeks.  You seriously have no idea how much they have meant.  A very big THANK YOU to those moms who have privately shared your own personal stories from dealing with the same stuff.  They have seriously been the words that have kept me going! : )

Comments

Tristan said…
SO HAPPY FOR YA'LL! good peds are just a God send!!

T-A still takes reflux meds everyday and double if we are having "acidy" meals, I pray your sweet girl out grows it!!

Popular Posts