Please stop embarassing me!!!!! And some answers....

First off I wanted to say thank you for your sweet words on Friday. 

Secondly, I wanted to say please stop with the "you are such a good mommy" comments.  Y'all make me feel so uncomfortable with those. I know y'all are trying to be sweet and encouraging because let's be honest, all us moms need to hear that on a regular basis, but seriously, y'all were making me feel bad on Friday. 

Yes, a blog (or any other form of social media) is for a certain amount of attention, but please don't ever think that I write anything just so I can get y'all to tell me how wonderful I am. I'm not one that really likes being the center of attention....so I write a blog so I can be the center of attention with out anyone actually staring at me....I write to document our lives (though I've sucked at it this year) for us to look back on.  I write for my on personal therapy....I wrote that post Friday so I can vent and have something to hang over Amelia's head twenty years from now.  I really appreciate y'alls encouraging words, but y'all were just making me feel awkward, so stop with how wonderful I am. Mmmmkay....Thanks! : )

Thirdly, don't take this the wrong way, but I know I'm a good mom.  You are a good mom....she's a good mom....that lady standing behind you in the check out line whose kid is losing their mind and screaming at the top of his lungs is a good mom.  One thing I've learned over the past three years is that majority of us are good moms (because let's be honest, some moms that make the news would not be in that category).  We're all trying the best we can with what we've been given.  Though your parenting ways may not be the same as mine, we're both good moms.  We're all trying to do the best we can for our kids.

So, if no one has told you lately, you're a good mom!!!!

Now to Friday...

I'm going to just give y'all a quick version of the story. 

I've heard some wonder stories about sending babies to the chiropractor.  I personally have never been to a chiropractor, but my husband goes on a pretty regular basis.  He's not one that believes a chiropractor can solve all your health problems, but he does swear he feels better afterwards.  So, we figured, let's give it a shot.  We're two weeks in at this point and desperate. We headed out first thing Friday morning and his chiropractor was super nice.  She examined and adjusted Amelia.  She explained all this stuff to me that I wont bore you with, but it did make some sense.  She said it would be a day or two before we saw any improvements, but she could see where she was having digestive issues and such do to certain things a chiropractor looks for. 

However, while walking out, I told David that I still felt like it was more than something that could be solved with an chiropractor adjustment.  I had went ahead and made an appointment with the pediatrician that afternoon because I felt like by her cries, she was in pain and it was something more.  So, that afternoon, we headed off to our much loved pediatrician.

I won't lie...I started bawling when I was explaining things to her.  It's been so frustrating not being able to figure out what was going on.  Thankfully, she didn't look at me like I was crazy.

Bottom line....Amelia has reflux. 

I know you might be thinking....how did it take you two weeks to figure that one out???  In our defense, most babies with reflux spit up on a fairly regular basis.  Amelia doesn't spit up.  Evidently, it goes up to her nasal cavity to cause her to make this constant wheezing sound which was always worse after she ate.  It was getting worse over the last two weeks, so that's what prompted me to call the pediatrician.  After I explained her crazy eating habits, the wheezing noises, the crying, the doctor had called it immediately. So, my poor baby has been in constant pain these past few weeks.  She put her on Zantac, changed the bottles we're using, and is having us add a little bit of rice cereal to help keep the formula down.  She did say it would take a few days to notice a change and about a week or so to notice a big difference once everything heals.

I then got in the car and wept again.  Seriously, it was like there was finally a light at the end of the tunnel. 

After two days, we're already starting to see a difference.  You can tell she's still in pain when she is eating, but the wheezy noises are pretty much gone and the biggest thing....

SHE'S NO LONGER SCREAMING CONSTANTLY!!!!

Needless to say, we're excited that our sweet content baby is slowly on her way back. 


Comments

Tristan said…
so glad you have answers!!!

I've been there..but my kiddo just flat out refused to eat and when she did she threw everything up..it was an ordeal, we ended up in the children's hospital for 4 days..ugh. She still has reflux something awful..which just adds to her list of things..ah.

Praying your sweet girl grows out of this asap!!!

Popular Posts