You had me till #95.

I mentioned last month that in this new cycle of book club, we were all choosing a classic to read.  We're only two classics in, but so far, so good.

It's my turn to pick and though I've been pretty set on what I was going to choose, I thought there was no harm in looking to see if there was anything else out there we might enjoy reading.  One night while we were settled in and watching Duck Dynasty, I typed in "100 Greatest Novels" on the ipad and started searching a few different list that popped up.

As I was sitting there reading through the titles, the thought popped in my head that maybe I should print the list off and slowly start working my way through them.  Y'all know I love a good list and even more, marking stuff off a list.

Considering there where many titles that were repeats on several different list I pulled up, I thought that obviously they might actually be worth some time and let's be honest, I don't have very much going on in my life at the moment. 

I decided on a list that was a pretty general one and seemed to have a good variety (some list where very specific of time periods, countries the book was published in, etc.).  I ran to the computer to print it off and sat down to start marking off the few that I had already read.

Because I know you all are curious.....I have read 7/100 in my adult life.  There were about ten that I read in high school, but I honestly don't remember details of many of them, so I decided to read them again. 

As I was marking through, I get to #95 and honestly I almost tore the list up.


Yes, believe it or not, the Twilight saga was number 95.

Seriously?!?!?

Don't get me wrong, I read all of them. I even enjoyed them (the books, not the movies) and I realize they started a reading trend for nonreaders that had fizzled out since Harry Potter, but seriously, how does Twilight make a list with authors such as Steinbeck, Twain, Lee, Faulkner, Hemingway, Lewis, and Tolkien?

The only redeeming factor on the list was that the Harry Potter Series made number twenty-eight and that is one I won't argue with. So much so, I've decided to not mark them off the list so I can re-read them all.

Comments

Tristan said…
hmm..i should check out this list..haha

Popular Posts