The new homeowners are in their new home

We're FINALLY in the new house!!!!

And yes, I've been wearing that dishwasher out!!! I seriously washed ALL our dishes in it over the weekend.

We were set to have some cold and wet weather on Saturday, so we were a little concerned about getting things moved. It happened to be one of the coldest days of the month, so we were afraid our our helpers would back out. Luckily, our friends and family pulled through and we had more than enough help. I actually think it was one of the easiest and quickest moves we've ever had. For the record, in less than four years, we've lived in four different houses.

BIG THANKS to everyone who came and helped us move!!!!

David's dad got the hook up with a moving truck. He brought it down on Friday night. The thing was HUGE and we seriously fit our entire house in one truck load. Since it was supposed to rain all day Saturday, David and his dad decided to go ahead and start loading up on Friday night. The two of them busted their butts and loaded everything that night in just a few hours. When they brought the truck to the new house, they just unloaded our bed (Olivia Kate slept in her pack n'play) and we got to spend our first night in the house on Friday.

For those who asked, no, I couldn't handle Olivia Kate being all the way on the other side of the house, so I broke down and put her in our room that first night. She has been in her own room the past two nights.

Saturday morning, we ended up having a full house of people helping and since all we had to do was unload the truck, things went fast. It was the easiest move we've ever had. I highly recommend our new method of moving if you can pull it off. Load everything the day/night before, get a good night's rest, and then unload the next morning. It made things a lot easier and we didn't hear too many complaints during the day.

So, now I'm just sitting here staring at boxes. It's kinda hard to get a lot unpacked when you have to entertain a four month old. Unfortunately, She's not into unpacking.

I promise that pictures will come soon. I'm not sure just yet, how I wanna do it. We need to paint and I'm hoping (fingers crossed for good a good tax return) to get new furniture for the living room and our bedroom soon. Right now, the place is looking kinda empty. For once, I don't have enough furniture to fill a house. But yes, we already have many projects planned and I'm sure I will be posting on those in the future.

Mom, I promise to do Olivia Kate's four month update after she goes for her checkup on Thursday. I didn't forget about it, I just wanted to wait till after the doctor's appointment.

And a BIG Thanks to Erin at Designer Blogs for reinstalling my layout! I promise there will be a "what not to do to your blog" post coming this week.

Off to bed to dream of boxes.....

Comments

Bonnie said…
Congrats on your house! And, thank you so much for making me feel better about the breast feeding. You are a great mommy too! It's nice to talk to people who can relate to what your going through. Hope you had a great weekend!

<3 Bon
Kameron said…
Yeah for getting into your new house! I hate unpacking only slightly less than I hate packing! Good luck!

Popular Posts